5-Minute iPadOS Tutorial
Got an iPad? Got OmniFocus? Got 5-minutes?
Here’s your hands-on introduction to Omni Automation.
Use the built-in automation tools in OmniFocus to create a new task for a dentist appointment in two days at 10:30AM.
1) Create a new Task object and store it in a variable.
Create a New Task
task = new Task("Dental Appointment")
2) Add a due date to the task by creating a new Date object and setting its time to be two days (48-hours) from today at 10:30AM. Assign the created date object to be the value of task’s dueDate property.
Create and Assign Due Date
date = new Date().setHours(48 + 10, 30, 0, 0)
task.dueDate = new Date(date)
3) Add a Notification to the task to occur one hour before the due date/time.
Add a Notification
4) Add a text note to the created task.
Add a Note
task.note = "Bring insurance card"
5) Assign a tag to the created task. If the tag doesn’t already exist, the script will create it for you.
Assign a Tag
tag = tagNamed("Dental") || new Tag("Dental")
That’s it! You used the built-in Omni Automation scripting support to create a new task in your OmniFocus database.
There’s so much you can automate in OmniFocus — visit: